This Web-based, self-directed program uses interactive lessons and videos to teach students CPR, AED and
choking knowledge. Upon registering for this course, you'll receive an e-mail with your registration code, so that you may gain access to the online portion of the class. After you have finished your online portion of the classroom session, the only remaining step is to complete an in-person skills session/test. It is imperative that you call or e-mail our Public Education Coordinator, Brian Dispenza, to set up your skills session, so that you may receive your certification card.
· Adult CPR and AED use
· Adult choking
· Child CPR and AED use (optional)
· Infant CPR (optional)
· Child choking (optional)
· Infant choking (optional)
Successful completion of the full Heartsaver CPR AED Course includes three (3) parts:
· Part 1, Heartsaver CPR AED Online Part 1. Upon successful completion of the online portion, students receive a Part 1 certificate of completion, which must be printed and presented for parts 2 and 3.
· Part 2, a hands-on skills practice session with an authorized AHA Heartsaver Instructor or Heartsaver Skills Evaluator™
· Part 3, a skills test with an authorized AHA Heartsaver Instructor or Heartsaver Skills Evaluator
Upon successful completion of all three parts, students will receive an AHA Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years. Additionally, this program may be used for initial or renewal training.
· Includes interactive exercises and videos
· Certificate of completion available to print when Part 1 has been completed successfully
· Progress bar at top of course screen and check-mark icons next to each exercise indicate students’ progress through course
· Includes application for taking and referencing notes
· “Drag and drop” tool reinforces steps and sequences and offers student interactivity
· Accordion-style content navigation allows for less scrolling
· Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs
· Navigation controls allow user to move easily through content
· Audio available
· Includes online access to the Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook
· Students have access to all information in the online course for 24 months following activation of their course key